Today I am cleaning up my studio to prepare for meetings, cleaning up my paperwork for the month of October, and just for you cleaning up of all the links that collect in my bookmarks and my feeds and my email, waiting for someone else to click on them.
Once all the good housekeeping is done I will be walking down Queen Street to be a hanger-on at the second Chick Advisor Shop Crawl. I do not need anything so I will not be shopping, I just like to hang out with the other bloggers and readers, and the chick community are a fun crowd too. This time CBC television will be there shooting so that will be interesting.
The Grumpy Owl wants you to support his satirical facial hair for the month of Movember. This absurd mustache is raising money for cancer research. And it raises questions. Why are post-modern mustaches grown in the service of charitable stunts and purposefully ironic ugliness instead of good old fashioned fashion? Does Brian Bailey’s mustache represent the vanguard of an authentically meaningless upper lip? Discuss.
- Now Magazine – Andrew Sardone
- Torontoist – Sarah Pricket
- Toronto Star – tepid reviews never veer from 2 or 3 stars. This tells me either Toronto’s fashion designers are dull or the Star is. I give this fashion week wrapup .
- National Post – Shinan Govani and Nathalie Atkinson
- TorontoStreetFashion.com – tons of pictures tell the story.
To all the bloggers I met at fashion week, readers who comment and incoming linkers out there, here is some fashion blog karma for you.
- Freebird – a Parsons student and commenter with a cute personal blog.
- Fashion Schmashion – longtime local reader Finch’s intermittent fashion blog.
- The “It” Book – recommendations from a beauty editor and style writer in Toronto.
- La Primavera – thoughtful fashion blog from a precocious teenager.
- The Skinny – anonymous Toronto fashion gossip.
- Toronto Style – blogs the urban side of Toronto’s fashion scene.
That is enough clicking for today, but if you are still here there is one more click that will make your day. Prince brings funk to Matthew Williamson’s Spring 2008 show… and it is fly from coast to coast. Go ahead Chelsea!