November 19, 2008
click post – the You Rock edition
Welcome to the latest installment of the click post – the irregular roundup of online findings both local and international. Today’s theme is courtesy of Anthea from Clothesline Finds, who nominated me for the prestigious “You Rock Award”. Thanks Anthea – and congratulations on graduating!
My mission is to list six things that make me happy – and since I’m folding this into a click post, with links.
- Jay McCarrol and Jay McCarroll. I am a huge fan of both of these guys, and this week I heard a story that made me squeal with delight! It involves an absurd fashion design contest, burlap, Michelle Obama, a Ryerson fashion student, and an awkward situation for former Vanity Fair editor Tina Brown.
- Being named one of FASHION Magazine‘s online editor Jennifer Campbell’s favourite blogs in an interview on Masthead. Jennifer has really made an effort to reach out to bloggers online as well as recruiting fashion bloggers to write on FASHION’s website. Its a thrill to know that she’s reading – though I’ll gladly concede that her favourite is Auntie Fashion.
- 15 Minutes (’til last call) – is a “hyper-reality” television show featuring Toronto’s own Jack of Clubs Matt Sims and his upstart rival Cory Stewart. I went to see a preview screening of the pilot at CiRCA last week – wasn’t sure what to expect. It was laugh-out-loud hilarious. The two leads were extremely charismatic in person and I was left wanting to see more. I hope some smart entrepreneur figures out how to deliver this.
- Simon Says. In life… we have a choice. I think you’ll make the right decision.
- Using my new USA-made cast iron pan to make delicious food like the miraculous Dutch Baby and fry up my Spatzle in butter until its crispy-chewy. While its blowing cold outside and snow’s coming, there’s nothing like comfort food from the old country to warm you up from the inside.
- Wearing my new Skinny Sweats from my fashion designer friend Adrienne Butikofer! I haven’t owned a pair of sweatpants in years – knit pants always seemed a bit indecent to me – but somehow the Skinny Sweats manage to be comfy, cute, and decent too. Perfect for hanging out in the studio.
Now the rules of the You Rock award is I get to tag some more rockin’ bloggers to share six things that make them happy too. Its Fashion Blog Karma time! I’d like to nominate –