January 1, 2009
2008 – favourite posts
A list of some posts that remind me of my favourite moments of 2008, in no particular order.
- Meeting Valerie Steele.
- Being chosen the Panel Winner of the Dr. Martens design competition.
- My first window display design commission “Indigo Planet” created for Over The Rainbow.
- Being part of the incredible “Mille Femmes” project by photographer Pierre Maraval.
- Seeing my illustrations in a glossy magazine for the first time.
- My sketchbook of Canadian designers who presented in New York in February is published on a full page in the National Post.
- My first editorial illustration published in NOW Magazine.
- Creating Rags and Mags with Carolyn Rohaly
- Launching my official portfolio site.
There are so many honourable mentions too – seeing five fashion weeks (two in New York and three in Toronto), two terrific Vidal Sassoon haircuts, two lovely posters for Fashion Crimes, many wonderful brunches, and more great clients, fashion blog friends old and new, and clickable links than I would ever be able to count. It really was a grand year.