March 24, 2009
click click – 24-03-09
Welcome to Click Click, the regular roundup of what I find worth clicking on the internet. This post-fashion week marathon clickfest is two week’s worth, so stretch your clicking finger.
- Last week six lucky bloggers got leaked the “Stephen Sprouse for Marmont” series of sketches.
- It is not too late to watch Carine Roitfeld on CNN. Fascinating to hear her speak and get a small sense of her insanely fashionable life.
- The Sunday Best muses on the future of fashion blogging on the IFB forums. “Bloggers need to demonstrate they can do more than write blogs.”
- Fashionista notices that the line is getting blurrier between blogs and media at the international fashion weeks.
- Style Rookie gets interviewed by Interview.
- You Look Nice Today is my current favourite podcast. Its three smart guys trying to out-funny eachother, and its… funny.
- A really interesting interview with illustrator Marcos Chin.
Of course, a lot of links I collected the past two weeks feature Toronto and Canadian fashion news.
- If you loved Rea McNamara’s “Sell Love” article on the Toronto fashion scene in the 1980s, you’ll love her tumblr blog Century 66 where she collects notes, quotes, and photos as she investigates our forgotten fashion history.
- Chick Advisor picks and pans the best and the busted at LG Fashion week.
- Watch this terrific slideshow of great shots from the week that was by Studio Lit.
- Style Mounties appears to be a contender for Toronto’s most unrepresented fashion blog niche – the menswear blog.
- An excellent, long article on the life and career of Toronto’s king of fashion, Joe Mimran.
- Toronto’s fashion crowd has spawned its own set of “cewebrities” including @geekigirl. Thankfully, I am not mentioned. Not ready for cewebrityhood.
- The Grumpy Owl goes to fashion week and makes a video.
- See if you can spot me Inside the Holt Renfrew Media Cocktail.
- Bonnie Brooks is the woman whose job it is to revive The Bay, Canada’s oldest corporation.
- The relationship between Canada’s two great remaining department stores is explored in this article.
- Adrian Mainella may not have a hosting job much longer, but now he has a blog.
- Why are many successful Canadian designers men? Is it because they pee standing up? Diana Zlomislic asks male and female designers about their career choices.
- It is Barbie’s 50th birthday all over the world, and Canada is no exception. Check out how we are celebrating on her website.
- The Star does a profile of international shoe-gazer and brilliant photographer, Tommy Ton.
Wrapping up the post as always, fashion blog karma for all my incoming linkers, commenters, and friendly internet neighbors. Bisous!
- Heidi Ackerman is a talented knitwear designer.
- Jentine has a new blog at my edit, she’s a brilliant shopper who swears by suburban Winners.
- Dream Sequins blogs emerging design and indie boutiques in New York City.
- Vida Moda posts her inspirational muses and her own outfits.
- Reader and commenter Dalila has a photo blog, belvédère quelquefois biaisé.
- Fashion blog friend from way back in the day Style Bard reflects on how her blog has changed.
- Obsession for Perfection is an engineering student with a penchant for shopping.