April 7, 2009
click click – 07-04-09
Welcome to Click Click, the regular roundup of what I find worth clicking on the internet.
- Did you know that no one gets paid much (if anything) to do those fashion picture editorials in magazines? Even at Conde Nast, the models get only a small fee. Why? “Editorials and covers are the path towards the real money.”
- I know The Yuppie Activist loves coffee, but I didn’t know she was a caffeinated illustrator.
- Nubby Twiglet posts an excerpt from The Brand Gap.
- After posting my reader survey, Seth Godin’s advice on listening to criticism is very timely.
- GQ’s cover story disappoints subscriber The Sunday Best.
- Adrienne Butikofer discovers a new fashion design hero in Kaffe Fassett.
- Jamie Shea introduced me to one of her favourite design blogs, For Me, For You, and I like it too.
- Independent Fashion Bloggers has set up a new email list service called Little Birdie to help public relations and fashion bloggers work together. It also looks very useful for entrepreneurs to do a little DIY-PR.
- Fashion-Incubator reveals the best kept secret for getting freelance work.
- FASHION attends the parties on the Mink Mile last thursday and reports on who was there with much more panache than I could muster.
- Style Hog is having a Clothing Swap – though considering Toronto Street Fashion did it in January 2007, it is hardly Toronto’s first. Lets not give New York all the credit here.
- Andrew Sardone protests the new sumptuary taxes.
As always, fashion blog karma goes out to everyone who contributed their links and comments this week.
- Arts Alive uses my picture of a light table, with my permission.
- The Puritan Impulse collects choice pictures and videos for your viewing pleasure.
- Talk of Toronto does a sweet little feature on my runway postcards project. There are still some of my favourite postcards available for sale if you want to snap up some inexpensive original art.