June 23, 2009
click click – 23-06-09
Welcome to Click Click, the regular roundup of what I find worth clicking on the internet.
- YSL gets a lot of credit for doing things first… even though he often borrowed inspiration from artists and street culture, and was not always the first fashion designer to do so – but is remembered for doing it best.
- Speaking of the questionable art of re-doing other people’s designs, Balenciaga seems to be pretty comfortable with piracy.
- Lady Dior is a series of four chic, dramatic short films starring actress Marion Cotillard and the Lady Dior handbag. The first in the series, “The Lady Noire Affair” riffs on film noir conventions… but with shorter skirts and higher heels.
- Fashion blog friends, do you ever get blog-envy? I know I do and Jennine lets me know I’m not the only one and shares her strategies for getting over it – You Just Don’t Compare.
- Terrific advice within an Open letter to recent college graduates. Best: Trust your body.
- Cory Doctorow breaks down nuances of the copyright question better than I can.
- Fashion-Incubator talks harem pants and related crotchful designs. Best: scroll down to read Queen Gilda‘s comment.
- Andrew Sardone talks Exposure for fashion designers – the good, the bad and the peculiar.
- File under good gigs and cool music – check out DJ Vaneska’s mix for Aritzia.
- FASHION House is a condo with fashion designer-driven floors. Very much curious to see what Jeremy Laing, Beckerman and others have come up with for interiors.
- The Toronto Star names 30 of Toronto’s best dressed.
- Urbane Bloc brings back The Peek – an event on July 11 curating the cutting edge of art and design.
Fashion blog karma for incoming linkers and commenters… thanks so much!