July 21, 2009
click click – 21-07-09
Welcome to Click Click, the regular roundup of what I find worth clicking on the internet.
- IFB asks… has the recession affected your fashion blog? Personally I’ve found it is a source of inspiration as both an observer and a creater, sparking interesting trends and events in both fashion and business.
- The Demoiselles ask how we feel about the word “cute”. Though they talk about it in the context of compliments and self-image, it interests me more as part of the fashion lexicon – a word that has been over-used to the point of meaninglessness, on a par with “fabulous”.
- A really inspiring post on The Pyramid Method – Study Hacks describes how a friend of his achieved exceptional talent and acclaim by focusing his efforts on one venue.
- Finally, a mainstream news article that covers both sides of the fashion copyright debate – Maria Cornejo and Isabel Toledo discuss the proposed Design Piracy Protection Act in the USA.
- Incredible fashion illustrator/blogger Danny Roberts unveils his collaboration with Gwen Stefani.
- Ze Frank talks about his career of chasing authentic connections with an audience on the internet.
- Brigitte Dale hosts a video blog that is both simple and engaging. I am not usually a fan of video blogs but I found myself drawn into hers.
- Long time reader Barry sent me this link to a very moving open letter to President Obama by Issey Miyake, writing for the first time as a survivor of the “Flash of Light“.
Fashion blog karma – reciprocal links for friends of Final Fashion…
- la quirky fille, natalie “Just a girl with too much time on her hands and no where to document her inspirations.”
- Jaka’s Tea Party – fashion blog super-fan Jaka has finally launched her much-discussed and anticipated blog.
- Goldie Oldie Charms “Absorbing fashion, culture, and the oddities of life.”
- ShoeSense “Love fashion footwear but you’re also comfort minded? Confused by the eternal dilemma of having to sacrifice one for the other?”
- decline designs “It’s for the woman who knows what she wants and damn the trends!”