September 24, 2009
click click – 24-09-09
Welcome to Click Click, the regular roundup of what I find worth clicking on the internet.
- Tom Ford’s new movie “A Single Man” debuted in Toronto at the film festival and looks, of course, incredibly stylish. Amy Verner interviewed him in the Globe and he talks about the challenge of getting financing in a recession. “I thought, you know what, everything has come together, this movie has to happen right now, so I financed it myself.”
- This adorable blog collects some of the best fashion illustration today. I love ILLUSTRATION. Thanks to Kathleen for the link.
- A fascinating photo essay and article about the studios and working habits of some successful visual artists.
- The subject of “real size” models is raised again by some questionable casting at expat Canadian designer Mark Fast’s spring 2010 show in London. My reaction – putting size 12 models in size 2 dresses isn’t inclusive – it’s cruel. If designers want to make a point of showing their clothing can look great on lovely ladies of all sizes, they need to make their samples to fit those ladies. Thanks to Sarah Nicole for the link.
- A terrific interview with Levis Archivist Lynn Downey. Who knew that being an archivist for a clothing company is an actual job, how awesome is that?
- Heads up, American designers. Tim Gunn and Campbell’s are sponsoring a dress design competition to raise money for Heart Health. “The Grand Prize winning dress will be professionally produced. The winning designer and heart-health hero will be flown to New York City to walk the red carpet with Tim Gunn at the 2010 Woman’s Day Red Dress Awards!” Sorry Canadians, you are not eligible for this one.
- Ok, this is actually in Kingston, east of Toronto – but the Queen’s Business Forum on the Fashion Industry looks like a terrific opportunity for students to learn from the experiences of a wide variety of speakers including my blog buddy Anita.
Karma for commenters and linkers – bisous!
- Michelle Messina – “Spiritual connection with image, sound and the unknown…mm”
- Allison Buchan-Terrell – “I am currently mastering journalism at Ryerson University. This is me sorting out my thoughts and documenting my final project.”
- The Dancing Diva Addicted to Retail – “Random thoughts of a young african american female, living the college life and finding herself through growth and experience.”