March 5, 2010
click click – 05-03-10
Welcome to Click Click, the fairly regular roundup of what I find worth clicking on the internet.
- Masthead gets some fashion media friends (including my friend Anita) to compare the covers of two Canadian fashion magazines – and I am more overwhelmed by sameness than by difference. If the titles were covered up, would you be able to pick out which one was Flashion and which was Fare? Probably not – maybe you would pick the magazine based on which celebrity you prefer. I think people by default respond to individual personality, which is what all these carefully crafted coverlines fail to provide.
- If you are serious about designing knockout magazine covers, you should learn from George Lois.
- Love this candid interview with the tremendously talented Tommy Ton. Best: he talks about how he really got his start, and his real feelings now that he and his fellow top fashion bloggers are being hyped so hard.
- Another amazing photographer friend, Caitlin Cronenberg has started blogging regularly this year, and posting some very rad projects including this one.
- Dazed collects a fascinating retrospective of Alexander McQueen articles and editorials.
- This LIFE photo essay of model Lindsay Wixson over the course of New York fashion week is beautiful.
Clicky karma for friends of Final Fashion…