March 18, 2010
click click – 18-03-10
Welcome to Click Click, the fairly regular roundup of what I find worth clicking on the internet. Just happens to be a very Toronto-centric one today.
- Have you been reading Fashion Magnet, the new blog my friend Gail? Full disclosure, her company is a current sponsor. Even if she wasn’t, I’d still be linking it because she’s a natural when it comes to blogging and I’m pleased as anything to have her back in fashion blogland. Check it, she’s giving away passes to LGFW, she’s interviewing an intern from People’s Revolution, and a fashion buyer, and a model. Gail is an insider but she’s always generous with her contacts, so subscribe!
- It was Kelly Cutrone day on Monday, as fashion’s most famous PR boss did the junket in Toronto. I’m going to wrap up my own thoughts of it when I finish reading her book, but until then, here is an interview, and another, and there will be more this weekend no doubt. And the one that didn’t happen, because this is what passes for drama up north.
- Remember the beautiful outfit I wore last week? Anita from I want – I got deserves all the credit. She reveals some of the styling process, and announces that her services are available – highly recommended.
- What do you think of websites that state right on the site that they would much rather be magazines? FRONT ROW is created by some former staffers from FASHION Magazine, the design and editorial seem very influenced by this experience. PLAID Magazine has a friendly touch which would adapt easily to a blog format – and it promises three paper issues a year. Both are updated weekly.
- The Deadly Nightshades make an appearance on my favourite fashion law blog, Counterfeit Chic. Should Dov be watching his back?
Echoing the shoutouts out there for tremendous incoming linkers and commenters, thanks all –
- miss.stephanie – “I am studying Public Relations in Canada.”
- Apples and Porsches – “its like comparing…”
- Style Blog – “fashion fades, style is eternal”
- I Heart Great Design – “Oh shiny! An even more random collection of things that have caught my eye.”
- Just Dolls – “by Claudia”
- A Paper Doll Blog – “Paper dolls and outfits inspired by creativity and posted on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.”
- Kiwi Speaks – “I’m a budding super-stylist, writer and fashion nerd.”