April 17, 2010
click click – 17-04-09
Welcome to click click, the sporadic roundup of what I find worth clicking on the internet.
- The Walrus blog features a fine-grained story of the week that was LG Fashion Week in Toronto in two parts, collecting a lot of candid and amusing encounters with some our most fascinating fashion people. An engaging read whether you know anything about the scene in Toronto or not.
- The Fifth Estate investigates a story about working for an apparel mogul so notorious, I’d rather not spell his name on my website.
- The Ryersonian talks to some fashion school graduates and discusses opportunities in Canadian fashion and beyond.
- I want – I got posts a terrific panel discussion with some of America’s greatest working designers. Biggest revelation for me – hearing the head designer of international brand Calvin Klein remark that being in the business of selling more stuff to people who don’t need it is a moral problem. !!!
- This is way too awesome – design your own penguin book cover! Author Douglas Coupland did a bunch, where he addresses people in the year 1935.
- Australian Fashion Week is just beginning and as Sassy Bella tells it, the gossip is already… impressive.
- Deeply Superficial talks about the pervasiveness of unpaid internship in fashion and publishing, and points to this story about Atlantic magazine taking a stand on the situation.
- This oldie but goodie New York Magazine expose of Gawker in 2007 is worth a read or a reread. A few short years perspective makes it more striking.
- A hilarious parody of cutesy french fashion photo blogs.
- A cheerful clothing swap for Ladyfest at Freedom Clothing, on April 24. Love the poster.
- The Toronto Fashion Incubator New Labels show is coming up on April 24 as well. Big cash prize this year and some major talent among the competitors, this is a fashion show I am very excited to see.
Karma links for internet friends of Final Fashion –
- Torontoist has a new style-conscious sister site, The Style Notebook, who did a cute little illustrated feature & interview with yours truly.
- Covet & Want – “I covet. A lot. I love things. I want, I buy, I make. And I share. And yes, capitalizism DID steal my virginity. I’m okay with that.”
- Material Grrrls – a finnish blog, that likes my paper dolls.
- The Resident Artist – “By night, she walks the streets in her superhero outfit, saving the world…one jazz hand at a time.”
- ¡La Manga! ¡La Manga! – “Musing about fashion, pattern cutting , draping, and of course, sleeves.”