June 7, 2010
click click – 07-06-10
Welcome to click click, the sporadic review of what I find worth clicking on the internet.
It is impossible to tell if this a good movie or not, but the Coco and Igor trailer is attractive on its own brief merits.
- After seeing the preview of Sex and the City 2, which I enjoyed on a “silly movie” basis (like Armageddon for ladies), I was surprised to read vehement brouhaha – from superfans of the series, from feminists and socialists and so on. To get a sense of the range, This is Why They Hate Us, and Sex and Shopping are no worse than Gadgets and Guns. I’m inclined to take all of this somewhat less seriously. What did you think?
- Enjoying watching the selections at Ryeberg Curated Video, via Mondoville.
- Fashionista ranks the world’s top fashion schools. Nice if you can afford it – but as I always say to non-independently-wealthy people who want to get into fashion – have you tried NOT going to school? Give it a shot.
- Is austerity good for the arts? I think so – so much great new fashions have come out of hard times. Poverty breeds novelty, money just breeds excess.
- An interesting live interview with Manuel, who dresses many of Nashville’s most iconic stars.
- A somewhat myopic remembrance of fashion blogging’s brief past. Funny how so many of the highlights of 2005-2007 have been so completely forgotten. And why should socialite blogs should be included?
- Joanna Blakley talks at TED about how the lack of copyright in fashion is a good thing, something other industries (and the CFDA) might well take notice of.
Karmarama for commenters and linkers! Hearts all around.
- modelresource – Canada’s premiere website for everything to do with the world of modelling.
- Mommy Doings – “a glance at this friendly, sociable and extremely outgoing Mommy of girls”
- miss.stephanie – “I am a public relations student, contemporary art enthusiast, proud Canadian, and dedicated anglophile”
- Pop Champagne – “there is more than just sex in the champagne room”
- model.burnbook – the best fashion model blog I’ve ever seen.