September 10, 2010
click click – 10-09-10
Welcome to click click, the sporadic review of what I find worth clicking on the internet.
- The Burning of Modelburnbook – it is always sad to see a good blog go for reasons like this. Cailin, you’re a brilliant blogger, the best model blogger I’ve ever followed, and your voice will be missed. Thanks so much for sharing so much of yourself with all of us.
- At Fashion Week, It’s Where You Sit That Counts – Another fashion week, another article about the art and agony of seating charts. One thing that I love a lot about all the live video feeds of fashion shows is when the cameras are turned on the show-before-the-show, while everyone sifts into the venue and plays the ultimate game of musical chairs.
- Fashion’s Night Out – The Show – you can see quite a bit of seating activity in the big FNO show put on by Vogue. Anna Wintour has been to more than enough fashion shows and now she shows all of us that she can throw down a real spectacle. It is a bombardment of bombshells at high velocity, a breathless recap of the fall collections. The commentary is a little bit weird, but entertaining when it gets candid. The big night out is tonight, Sept 10, and CBS will be airing a recap of highlights on Sept 14.
- Back to the Drawing Board – a peek at an upcoming book of fashion designer’s sketchbooks and mood boards.
- If Shoes Could Kill – crazy shoe pictures from all over the world wide web.
- Penelope Trunk’s Brazen Careerist – this recommendation from Kathleen looks like a tremendous resource for all us career kids out there, but there is so much to it I have barely scratched the surface.
- So, you want to work in fashion? – brief little interviews with some fashion pros in their 30s and 40s aimed at all the fashion students out there.
- Donna Karan talks Twitter, tabloids and China – I like the way Donna Karan thinks and talks. She’s been around to see a lot of changes to her industry and she has strong opinions about it. Along with Norma Kamali, she is a powerful designer who I think is capable of envisioning – and advocating – for restructuring the fashion calendar, if that ever happens.
Clickarma for incoming linkers and commenters, hearts to all <3
- IF I WAS A RICH GIRL…. TORONTO – “STYLIN-FREE MUSINGS ON ALL THE BEAUTIFUL-FUGLY PIECES IN BETWEEN POINT A AND POINT B”
- Fashion Luvr – “Fashion Luvr collects and publishes awesome fashion sites worth recommending.”
- Orlando’s Biggest Sample Sale – “THIS IS BOTH AN ONLINE & ONSITE SALE. VENDORS BRINGING THE MOST CREATIVE AND LUXURIOUS ITEMS AT CELEBRATED PRICES UP TO 90% OFF.”
- Closet Hound – “sisters who enjoy fashion, shopping, celebrity style, and writing.”