October 6, 2010
reading – NOGOODFORME.COM
NOGOODFORME.COM has been blogging at such a consistent level of awesome for, like, a million blog-years – so like, six or seven years. I have no idea how I came to find it – I think one of the contributers might have commented on my site back in the dark ages. I often recommend it to people who I think would really dig it, and it mystifies me that no I know has ever heard of this site. I really like it when I discover good blogs that are slightly outside the circle of familiarity, but when it a blog is SOGOODFORME, why doesn’t everyone else already know about it? For some reason, Final Fashion has never shot to super-celebrity fashion-darlingism, and in my darker moments, I can’t help but wonder why that is. I may never know, but it is probably not a coincidence that the blogs that I really like also don’t seem to receive the kind of accolades I believe they deserve.
Plus, I just realized that I blatently/inadvertantly ripped off their Snapshot posts for my new category system. Sorry girls, and thanks! They just did a bit of a revamp on the site too, so it loads faster.
OK, so sit down with a hot drink and turn off your phone, because there is a lot of archives to go through. A few highlights from 2010:
- We’re Obsessed: Yardley of London Ads from the Sixties – This is only one of a million awesome throwbacks that NOGOODFORME is the best for finding and sharing, fashion, music and pop-cultural nostalgia, especially 1960s stuff.
- The NOGOODFORME Guide to Picking Up Girls – Send this to your dude friends.
- Fuck, Kill, Marry: Mad Men Edition – I kind of want to kill Paul Kinsey too.
- Random Video Entry: Claire Danes on the Jon Stewart Show in 1994 – Adorable on many levels, not the least when Stewart kind of creeps himself out.
- Love: Bees that Make Their Nests from Flower Petals – I love bees anyway, this is just too sweet.
- Style Icon: Forsythe Pendleton “Jughead” Jones III – I still can’t shake the influence of Archie comics on my drawing style, and I still think that of all the male characters, Jughead was definitely the best.
- Kat and LJ Investigate: Is Astrology Real? – Brilliant, I couldn’t have picked better people to do this.
OK, that’s just from this year, and it was really hard not to just link to everything. There’s way, way, wayback more. Go, enjoy, bookmark, subscribe, you’re welcome.