July 12, 2011
click click – 12-07-11
Welcome to click click, the sporadic review of what I find worth clicking on the internet.
The two images on this post come from I left my heart in Vietnam – I like a bit of art that evolves to converge on two themes that are currently on my mind – hope/lessness and the transience of styles. Aside, I now walk daily past a Banksy on my way to the office.
- Bernard Arnault Rethinks the Cult of Fashion Gurus – few people have the power to shift the direction of the fashion machine like Arnault – although it could be argued that the trend away from designers-as-personalities has been well underway for the past decade.
- Design guru reveals Yves Saint-Laurent hate mail – a fascinating, brief interview with the most brilliant standard bearer of the designer-as-personality paradigm, Tom Ford.
- Brogues vs Wingtips – taking an interest in specific fashion terminology separates the dilettantes from the dedicated.
- Becoming One of the ‘Relevant’ – this fashion blogger spawn-of-Carles is in on the joke. I think there’s more to her than this very condescending article would have you believe, even though the self-conscious post-irony is exhausting to process. Antidote: life goes on, post-memedom.
- The Hendrick’s Lecture Series – I love listening to podcasts while I work, and these ones are quite good. I especially enjoyed the one on Cecil Beaton, but they’re all interesting.
- The Luxe Chronicles – a terrific London based blog that approaches fashion from business and historical angles, so naturally I dig it.
Sweet karma for hanging out on the internet with me —
- Flight Fashion – I was invited to offer comments on airline uniforms, with some other lovely fashion bloggers.
- Rachel’s Studio – “FINE ART, PRINTS, GICLÉES, AND MORE…”
- Style Bubble – Susie called this post ‘wonderful’ and made my week.
- Anna Goense – “Dit is het weblog van Anna Goense”
- Fira&Capa – didn’t realize that this doll was inspired by the lovely Pippa, that’s a bit of PR sparkle isn’t it?
- Kira Fashion – “jornalista e apaixonada por três coisas na vida: moda, viagens e línguas.”