October 9, 2011
click click – 09-10-11
Welcome to click click, the sporadic review of what I find worth clicking on the internet.
I was asked to render, in cosmetics, someone I consider a beauty icon. I chose Amelia Earhart. Thanks Sarah Nicole Prickett for an ace assignment. She’s doing cool and unusual things at the new Toronto Standard site – also check out Who’s Afraid of Kanye West, and the Uniform Project.
- Exactitudes, Street Style Categorized – Someone’s picking out the patterns of how real people dress, and it’s fascinating.
- Meet the Swenkas – Barima introduces us to a phenomenon that is the African version of a Voguing pageant.
- The Mark of Princess Hijab – this Parisian graffiti artist hijacks fashion advertising in the Metro and lets you decide what it means.
- Fashion Blogging Grows Up – the state of the union of fashion blogging is still under review, but there’s no doubt that the money is flowing towards fashion blogging now. Cue goldrush. Speaking of goldrush – street style is growing up too.
- London Fashion Week… On Acid! – VICE takes the high road to Top Shop.
- Jay-Z’s Hegemony in the Age of Kanye – rapping politics, echoing Beyonce’s duet with Gaga. This theory extends to fashion too – watch carefully who the Lagerfelds and Wintours select to feature – this is all about how established powers maintain relevance.
- how i kicked my time management habit and became exceedingly more productive, profitable and thrilled – Danielle LaPorte tells us to get off our own backs when it comes to productivity guilt. Good stuff – move towards it.
- Iconic Look – interviews me about what I do – some very good questions!
- Colorineverydaylife – a blog all about colour, amazing.
- Yes I Like That – “Sewing, art and design in London.”
- Becky Hunter – “Freelance art writer & researcher”
- I want I got – features my collaboration with Jabberdust.
- One Sleepless Night – SNP gives me a virtual hat tip.