November 15, 2011
click click 15-11-11
Welcome to click click, the sporadic review of what I find worth clicking on the internet.
These lovely scans are from the JEAN SHRIMPTON tumblr, featuring the 1960s fashion model with that silent, sensual quality, elfin features and exquisite profile. The Shrimp is the spitting image of modern beauty – read some interesting comments on that subject here.
- BE LINEN – a visually tactile modern story of an ancient fibre, European linen. Via Fashion-Incubator.
- Grit Is More Important Than Talent – and what is grit? The ability to get on with it and get over it. Related on the flip side: The Surprisingly Relaxed Lives of Elite Achievers. The gist? Potential is nothing, practice is everything.
- Can You Trust the Editorial Integrity of Personal Style Blogs? – If you can’t stand seeing popular personal style bloggers wearing head-to-toe free swag, there are a zillion (relatively) unpopular personal style bloggers you can follow. Read some of their thoughts on the C/O conundrum here.
- Dalston Superstars – nothing like a quasi-reality program with pierced tongue in cheek – the audition vox pops are also rather chilling – especially if like me, you live within earshot of these characters.
- Tokidoki Tattooed Barbie – you know a trend is totally mainstream when it gets cast in plastic for the kids to play with. I think this bad-girl Barbie looks pretty cute actually – reminds me a bit of Gala Darling.
- Juggalos classified as a gang in FBI report – One of the most unlikely modern style tribes gets the terror treatment. Insane Clowns as organized criminals? Someone should make a TV show about this.
Karma tips for hat tips –
- All Women Talk – when Final Fashion is included in a shortlist of recommended sites including Business of Fashion and SHOWstudio, I know I’m doing something right. Honoured!
- zoobia.net – “Follow your heart, it’s the only voice that matters.”
- Anaïs et Chloé – “notes in laid-back, dressed-down, cozy and effortless mood”
- Fashion Management at George Brown College- “This guide will lead you to some of the best resources available on the topic of fashion management.”