modecast – first edition
The first edition of Modecast was an unqualified success. For an exclusive audience of about 20 individuals, Barima and I proceeded to knock back a bottle of very fine whisky and talk style and culture, as we do. If you missed it, you can watch the recording…
Topics we covered…
- This edition’s intro – “Everybody Dance” by Chic.
- This edition’s official drink – Gordon & McPhail Single Malt Scotch Whisky, neat. Drunk from coffee mugs and chased with Tesco sparkling lemonade.
- Straight Talk – we discuss a New York Times article about post-metrosexual straight male fashion bloggers.
- Jake Davis Blog – we like what this dude is doing.
- Christopher McDonnell – a 1970s London fashion designer that we know nothing about, other than we like his white suit.
- Coco Chanel 1969 interview translation – sometimes when you can’t find something on Google, you can ask a friend to post about it for you. This is a revealing treat, thanks Lucie!
- London in Ruins by Gustave Doré – discovered in this book.
- Another Garçon – shout out to fashion blog friend and street style photographer Jonathan who was a very active contributor to the show.
- The Style Blogger – referenced on the topic of standard street style poses for men.
- Hedi Slimane at YSL – Slimane’s earlier work was gutsy and unusual and worth a long later look.
- Joe Orton – a gay playwright famous for black comedy and taking on taboos, who died tragically.
- Pan-Africanism – we briefly touch on greater ideas before reverting back to frivolity.
- Toe to Type – we attempt to discuss inappropriate toe shapes for men before completely dissolving into our cups.
- This edition’s outro – “Life’s What You Make It” by Talk Talk.
We had a lot of fun and having reviewed the footage, have some ideas of how we could improve for the second edition. We also thank you for your participation and welcome your comments and suggestions. We’d like to do this about once a month, so please stand by and join us next time.