March 27, 2012
click click – 27-03-12
Welcome to click click, the sporadic review of what I find worth clicking on the internet.
Paisley is another example of a culture-crossing textile – check out the Guardian slideshow here.
- Bruce Springsteen’s SXSW 2012 Keynote Speech – the charismatic rocker shares his own creative autobiography to explain how we got to the cacophony of modern culture.
- Nirvana Releases Nevermind and Everyone Gets a Flannel Shirt for Christmas – an indignant account of how fashion finished off a fledgling subculture. Also check out: The Day that Grunge Became Glam.
- The White Noise Supremacists – a sincere, thoughtful memoir of the hateful aspect of the New York punk scene in the 1970s.
- Breaking News: The Suit is Back! – a classic essay about how PR can manufacture a trend.
- Flat-Top Crewcuts – your comprehensive guide to the philosophy of the flat-top.
- The official SCENE TIMELINE – the hater’s version of the Myspace-based youth style from genesis to genericide. Maybe because it is an internet-based trend, most of the so-called information on this phenomenon is either pejorative or promotional. Do any former scene kids out there want to fix this?
A cup of karma, toasting new internet friends –